ADVANCE AUTO PARTS ROAD TRIP READY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
THE ADVANCE AUTO PARTS ROAD TRIP READY SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”) BEGINS AT 12:00:01 A.M. EASTERN TIME (“ET”) ON APRIL 29, 2021 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 P.M. ET ON MAY 31, 2021 (“SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD”). ADMINISTRATOR COMPUTER IS THE OFFICIAL TIME-KEEPING DEVICE FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), and Puerto Rico who are eighteen (18) years of age or older or have reached the age of majority (whichever is older in state of residence) at time of entry. Employees of Advance Stores Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Cross Over Marketing and Retail Sports Marketing, Inc., also mentioned as RSM, Inc. (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, Web design, advertising, sales promotion and judging agencies, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) and those living in their same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible. Sweepstakes is void outside of the fifty (50) United States/D.C., Puerto Rico, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways to enter;
2A. WEBSITE: To enter, visit Roadtripreadysweepstakes.com (the “Website”) and follow the directions provided to complete the entry form with your complete name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, preferred destination if selected vacation winner, and submit to receive one (1) entry. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2021 in order to be eligible.
2B. MAIL-IN: To receive one (1) entry without visiting the Website, Entrants may hand write on an index card (any size) with their complete name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, country of residence, and mail the card to RSM, Inc. Attn: Advance Auto Parts Road Trip Ready, PO Box 481926, Charlotte, NC 28269. All mailed entry requests must be postmarked by May 31, 2021 and received by June 3, 2021. Entries that do not contain all required information listed above or entry requests not received by June 3, 2021 will not be considered.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per day only using only one (1) email address, regardless of method of entry for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries received from any person, mobile phone number or e-mail address in excess of the limitation stated above will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. ENTRY GUIDELINES: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Promotion; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, participating retailers, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (including any travel/activity related thereto); and(c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph, caption, entry, and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use. By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Promotion without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
4. PRIZES: Sweepstakes entrants will be entering for a chance to win a Grand or First Prize.
4A. Grand Prize (1): 2021 Coleman Lantern 17B Camper, courtesy of Camping World ($11,995 ARV), one (1) $500 Gas Card, one (1) $500 Camping World Gift Card, and one (1) $500 Advance Auto Parts Gift Card (ARV: $13,495). All entrants will be eligible to win the Grand Prize package. If the winner resides in Puerto Rico, Alaska, or Hawaii, the Grand Prize winner will receive a $10,000 cash prize in place of the 2021 Coleman Lantern 17B Camper. All other 48 states within the United States will not have the option to substitute the 2021Coleman Lantern 17B Camper for a cash prize. The Grand Prize camper will be selected by Sponsor and any additional options desired by the Grand Prize Winner will be at the sole cost and expense of the Grand Prize Winner. The camper displayed and/or pictured on www.campingworld.com/shop and related advertising materials may not be the actual Grand Prize awarded; the Grand Prize awarded may not be of the same color or have the same features or options as the displayed/pictured vehicle. Color of Grand Prize is subject to availability. Sponsor shall have up to ninety (90) days, excluding any delay for special order camper’s customization or manufacturing production delays, to arrange delivery of the Grand Prize Coleman Camper to an authorized Camping World dealership near the Grand Prize Winner’s location in the continental U.S.following selection by Administrator and Sponsor (the “specified site”). Sponsor shall not be responsible for delays in delivery beyond their control. Camping World shall provide its standard limited warranty to the Grand Prize Winner and disclaims, to the full extent of the law, any other warranties in the connection with the Grand Prize. In the event the particular model of Camper for the Grand Prize becomes unavailable, or if circumstances are such that awarding such model would be damaging to Sponsor’s reputation (due to recall or other similar circumstances), Camping World will supply an alternative camper of comparable or greater value. All travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the Grand Prize will be solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize will only be delivered to the specified site determined by Sponsor and Camping World. The Grand Prize Winner and/or the Grand Prize Winner’s designated representative shall be required to personally retrieve the Grand Prize and present acceptable personal identification, a valid driver’s license and evidence of any legally required insurance. The Grand Prize Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the Grand Prize after it has been delivered to the specified site. If the Grand Prize is not picked up within thirty (30) days of the potential Grand Prize Winner being notified that the Grand Prize has been delivered to such site, the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited by the potential Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or credit. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, personally sign (except where prohibited by law) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Winner’s Affidavit”) and return such document to Sponsor before picking up the Grand Prize or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. The Grand Prize Winner is fully and solely responsible for any and all income and local, state and federal taxes on the Grand Prize (including, but not limited to, sales, use and transfer taxes), and all costs, fees and expenses associated with acquiring ownership, registration and use of the Grand Prize (including, but not limited to, title, tags, license, inspection fees, emissions tests, insurance, etc.). All costs, fees and expenses incurred by the Grand Prize Winner in accepting and claiming the Grand Prize are the full and sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. An IRS tax form 1099 in the amount of $13,495 or the actual value will be issued by Sponsor to the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting the Grand Prize.
4B. First Prizes (5): Vacation package to one of five (5) selected locations provided by Sponsor. Each package includes a two night and three day stay, resort level hotel accommodations for double occupancy, with a free experience/attraction for four, and a $100 gift card to be used as a dining credit. The total ARV varies per location.
First Prize will be provided by Sponsor and communicated through Administrator. The five (5) selected locations provided by the Sponsor include; Myrtle Beach (SC), Outer Banks (NC), San Juan (Puerto Rico), South Padre Island (TX), and Tampa Bay (FL) also mentioned as (“Destinations”). If winner receives the package for Myrtle Beach (SC), Outer Banks (NC), South Padre Island (TX), or Tampa Bay (FL), their package will also include a $200 gift card that will be provided by Sponsor for travel expenses. If winner receives the package for Puerto Rico, their package will also include a rental car voucher for up to $300 for rental car expenses. Rental car voucher will only be valid if winner is twenty-five (25) years of age or older with a valid US driver’s license or if winner is accompanied by someone twenty-five (25) years of age or older with a valid US driver’s license. All gift cards provided by Destinations and Sponsor will be mailed via USPS by Administrator ahead of trip redemption. If winner resides in Puerto Rico, Alaska, or Hawaii, a roundtrip coach air transportation voucher valued at $400 per person will be provided by the Sponsor on a carrier of Sponsors choice between the First Prize Winner’s nearest major airport and one of three major airports in the selection areas along with transportation to and from airport. Winner may ONLY receive provided air transportation if they are traveling from the Puerto Rico, Alaska, or Hawaii to the selected destination or to Puerto Rico from anywhere within the United States. First Prize Winner and their travel companion(s) must travel on same itinerary. In the event the actual value of the First Prize awarded is less than the total trip ARV the First Prize Winner will not receive the balance in cash or otherwise. All expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly described in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the First Prize Winner. The First Prize does not include airfare within the same country, upgrades in airfare, travel insurance, additional hotel night, meals, additional guests, gratuities, baggage fees or any other travel-related expenses and/or incidental costs. The First Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or credit. Trips to Destinations must be scheduled and redeemed by December 31st, 2022 unless further notice is given or granted from Destinations. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the First Prize (or any part of the First Prize) for a prize (or part of the prize) of equal or greater value, for any reason.
Further trip Destinations, details, ARV, and blackout dates follow;
4BA. Myrtle Beach, SC: a two night and three day stay, resort level hotel accommodations for double occupancy, with a free experience/attraction for four, and a $100 gift card to be used as a dining credit all provided by Visit Myrtle Beach, along with a $200 gift card to be used for travel expenses provided by Sponsor (ARV: $1,101). The following blackout dates apply; Holiday and/or area Special Events weeks, including, but not limited to, the week before Easter, the week after Easter, the months of July and August, and Labor Day weekend.
4BB. Outer Banks, NC: a two night and three day stay, resort level hotel accommodations for double occupancy, with a free experience/attraction for four, and a $100 gift card to be used as a dining credit all provided by Outer Banks Visitors Bureau, along with a $200 gift card to be used for travel expenses provided by Sponsor (ARV: $2,200). The following blackout dates apply; Memorial Day weekend, Week of July 4th, and Labor Day weekend.
4BC. San Juan, Puerto Rico: includes resort level hotel accommodations, double occupancy, two night and three day stay, with a free experience/attraction for four provided by Destinations, a $100 gift card to be used as a dining credit all provided by Discover Puerto Rico, and a two day car rental voucher valued at up $300 provided by Sponsor (ARV: $3,500). No blackout dates apply. Rental car voucher will only be valid if winner is twenty-five (25) years of age or older with a valid US driver’s license or if winner is accompanied by someone twenty-five (25) years of age or older with a valid US driver’s license.
4BD. South Padre Island, TX: a two night and three day stay, resort level hotel accommodations for double occupancy, with a free experience/attraction for four, and a $100 gift card to be used as a dining credit all provided by South Padre Island, along with a $200 gift card to be used for travel expenses provided by Sponsor (ARV: $1,700). The following blackout dates apply; Memorial Day weekend, Week of July 4th, and Labor Day weekend.
4BE. Tampa Bay, FL: a two night and three day stay, resort level hotel accommodations for double occupancy, with a free experience/attraction for four, and a $100 gift card to be used as a dining credit provided by Visit Tampa Bay, along with a $200 gift card to be used for travel expenses all es provided by Sponsor (ARV: $1,700). Blackout dates do not apply until September 2022, Destinations may apply blackout dates following.
All federal, state, and/or local taxes and any other costs associated with the First Prize, including insurance and expenses incurred in claiming and using the First Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner may not substitute, transfer, or assign the First Prize. First Prize awarded by Sponsor will be based on location of the First Prize Winner and the First Prize destinations. If the First Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute First Prize with a First Prize of equal or greater value.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION: To be eligible for the Sweepstakes an eligible Entry must be received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
5A. RANDOM DRAWINGS: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner, five (5) potential First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 4, 2021 from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Random drawings will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5B. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Administrator decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion. Potential winner will be notified by Administrator via phone and/or e-mail, depending on the method of entry and using contact information provided at the time of entry, and will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within five (5) days from date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Administrator is unable to contact a potential winner or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
7. BINDING ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant (or participant’s parent or legal guardian, if a minor) agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. TAXES: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prizes and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The total ARV of all prizes is $23,696.
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding any prize or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state/provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Administrator will (if possible) select the potential Winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
10. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. NAMES OF WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after June 4, 2021, send a self-addressed, business-size envelope with proper postage affixed by July 2, 2021 to RSM, Inc., Attn: Advance Auto Parts Road Trip Ready Winners, 10150 Mallard Creek Rd, Suite 500, Charlotte, NC 28262.
12. SPONSOR: Advance Stores Company, Inc., 411 Fayetteville St, Raleigh, NC, 27604.
13. ADMINISTRATOR: RSM, Inc., 10150 Mallard Creek Rd, Suite 500, Charlotte, NC 28262.